An office receptionist got the shock of her life earlier this week when she found a 14cm long Aurora house snake entangled in the web of a deadly spider.
Tania Robertson, a receptionist at an electrical firm in Bloemfontein, came in to work on Tuesday and spotted the strange sight next to a desk in her office.
The snake, which had obviously died from the spider's poisonous bite, was off the ground and caught up in the web.
Leon Lotz of the arachnology department at the National Museum immediately identified the spider as a female brown button spider.
The brown button spider, easily identifiable by a red hourglass marking on its stomach, is not quite as deadly as a black widow.
He said it was only the second time in South Africa that he had heard of a snake getting caught in a spider's web.
Curious photos admits that though we try to describe accurately, we cannot verify the exact facts of everything posted. Postings may contain Information, facts, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any facts, stories or photos/images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please email [ curiousphotos[at]gmail.com] and we will remove the offending section as soon as possible.
However, there are some rules to remember: